Launching new or innovative skincare products?
The beauty market is saturated, yet in perpetual need of NEW products (35 % of purchases annually) that are not always scientifically relevant or innovative..
- PACKAGING. Creating value in the eyes of the consumer often stems from packaging – at least for people that don’t have difficult-to-treat skin types or too many ageing concerns.
- CONVENIENCE. Mobile purchases are becoming more popular than desktop and Google favours e-commerce sites that are mobile friendly. The online journey and feeling welcome on the site – as well as product reviews are becoming extremely important.
After all, the beauty industry is about talking to people..
Packaging needs to appeal, be simple and fit for purpose – but at the end of the day, it is only the outer shell of the product.
SKIN BIOLOGY, LIFESTYLE & COMPLIANCE. Buying skincare differs from other beauty purchases. Your skin type is unique and the factors that influence you individually depend on genetics and lifestyle – efficacy, the right choice of active ingredients and sensory aspects of skincare products come first! The price, quality, size and prestige attributes are secondary.
Go shopping when:
- you understand your skin type and active ingredients that alleviate your concerns
- know how to layer your products
- know how your skin changes during the day and seasons
- appreciate how does it feel when your skin is well hydrated.
Only then look at packaging and convenience of your store or e-store.