The new Caviar Illumination Super Lift Kit contains caviar extract, soy phyto placenta extract and bio peptide – for youthful and firm looking skin. Included within the kit are four 6ml Super Lift Gel sachets, an application brush and preparation tub. RRP £12.99
We ran our last small perception study on the mask. Given the age and skin types of my participants, we tested it as a pre-party pick-me up. This was an independent study and the participants were unaware of any clinical results or packaging; they were evaluating “skin feel” after application. Age and skin type of participants below, all Caucasian and based in Yorkshire.
Skin feel, texture, sensation..
- Good texture, no unpleasant sensation.
- Nice texture, tightened almost immediately.
- Texture good, only sensation is the tightening.
- Mask felt very light when on and comfortable. Felt a slight tightening effect when on.
- Felt tightening whilst it was drying.
- Liked the gel like texture, interesting. Felt the mask tightening on the skin as it dried. No other sensations.
- It wasn’t especially pleasant. Very tight and then stinging in various places, noticeable around the nose.
- Thought the texture was very good, not too thick but not too thin. There was no sensations until the 15 mins were nearly up when it started feeling very tight in my skin.
- I wasn’t keen of the feel of it on my skin, felt like jellyfish. I did feel it tightening my skin which I felt was beneficial.
- Texture was good, tightening feeling, warm.
- Texture is fine. After 10 minutes the gel tightened skin.
- At first it was quite cooling as it was a gel. After 5 mins I noticed a slight tingling and then for the last few mins it felt very tight on my skin so I didn’t feel as if I could move my face, especially round my mouth.
- Felt very astringent compared to creamy mask normally used.
- Feels lovely. Very tight feeling but not on forehead.
Absorption & Residue
- The mask absorbs very well, leaving no residue.
- Left a thin residue.
- Yes it absorbs, although there was an awful lot of product after 10 mins, a thin residue.
- Only felt it dry out rather than absorb, only a thin residue.
- Yes it absorbed quite a lot. I would say thick residue.
- Not sure if it absorbed as it dried completely on the skin. There was plenty in the sample to apply a thick layer. Didn’t feel as though it left a residue – removed it with a linen cloth and lukewarm water..
- Didn’t think of it as being absorbed just washed off. Minimal residue.
- Hard to say if it was absorbed or if it dried on the skin as above. It left a very thin residue so probably yes, it was absorbed.
- Left a thin residue.
- Absorbed a little, did not leave residue.
- All of the mask was absorbed. It left a thin residue which disappeared after 5 mins.
- I felt more as if it had set rather than absorbed. There was little to see on my skin before I washed it off.
- Absorbed, but left skin feeling very taut.
- Absorbed totally, no residue.
The participants had a different experience with the mask application – all received a single dose. Sensitive and dry skin types might experience side effects – taught, drying feeling and tingling!
Skin feel after mask washed off..
- Feels refreshed
- Firmer and brighter
- Feels AMAZING, softer but noticeably tighter, wrinkles ironed out!
- Felt and looked fresh
- Feeling warm sensation now mask off and a little sore and dry for my skin
- Skin felt very soft. Slight softening effect, especially on my horizontal forehead wrinkles!
- Smooth and tightened.
- Skin felt smoother and looked quite bright.
- Feels smooth
- Feels soft and smooth, yet slightly irritable and warm
- Skin felt soft and had a nice glow
- My skin feels quite revitalised but am not sure that it looks any different
- Looks and feels tight
- Very fresh and smooth.
As a pre-party firming mask – does it do what it says on the tin?
- It made my skin look fresher and more toned
- As above, would buy and use again.
- Skin feels tighter but dry, so I would say yes it does
- No dramatic effect. A slight softening effect, most visible on the forehead – but not dramatic enough for me to make it a ‘must use’ before every important occasion.
- I think so. Face looked great with the mask on! Did feel tightened – shame there is not something similar for eyes.
- Can’t say I felt particularly that it firmed – but it did look smoother and my skin felt good.
- I feel it has firmed my skin and would use it again.
- It looks quite firm at the moment but not long since washed off
- It firmed the skin and left it soft ready for make up
- My skin feels firmer but I do not think it looks ‘lifted’. I think it is nice to have a special routine if getting ready for an occasion. I used the 15 mins to relax which would be a nice way to begin the evening. So I think it makes me feel better if not look better and that is always half the battle.
- Definitely firmed up the skin & could immediately apply day cream and makeup.
Will you be buying it on December 1st?
- I will buy it
- Price dependent
- Everyone over the age of 40 will be buying it – including me.
- Did not feel it was a deep working mask, but comfortable to wear and nice immediate result.
- I would have to try this mask out a couple more times as not sure it would be any good for sensitive skin, as mine is feeling dry and feeling warm at the moment
- I enjoyed testing the mask, but it tightened up to the point it was uncomfortable and I was glad to wash it off!
- Would definitely try it again.
- 15 mins is a long time! Lots of masks are only 10 mins. Suspect it is intended for someone slightly younger than myself. May purchase – depends on price.
- Yes I would buy it. My skin does feel firmer
- I would like to wait and see how my face looks in a few hours. If I am pleased with the results later I would buy it as I like their other products in the range..
- I liked the effect after it was cleaned off. I wasn’t so happy with increasing tightening effect; it actually began to pull my eye downwards towards the end of the 15 minutes.
- I think it is perhaps for a younger person. I would perhaps buy it if it came in individual sachets..
- As a pre-party mask, but would be interested whether to use moisturiser etc afterwards
- I feel any skin type could use this mask, easy to use, easy to remove and no side effects. Will buy.
Most participants experienced strong firming effect leaving skin feeling soft and fresh. About half will definitely part with their money. My participants have their favourite brands [Sisley, Clarins, Aveda, Avene, REN, Caudalie] – but masks are not used frequently among the British consumers. Mask still are an add-on rather than a staple of a regular skincare routine in Britain.