Face&Body Expo, Chicago March 12 – 14, 2016.
One of the best beauty shows I have experienced – informative presentations, best examples of “organic” and “active” skincare brands.
I have a talk on the benefits of professional facial massage that has been recorded and I will share it with you soon.
The talks I enjoyed most as relevant to my clinical practice were given by:
- Dr Erin Madigan-Fleck on naturopathic treatment of protein deficiency and how it impacts on ageing skin (Atlanta, Georgia). An important issue to discuss with my vegetarian clients!
- Dr Mark Lees’s approach to acne care (Florida) – similar principles to my practice, using more of alpha/beta hydroxy acids and considering diet a little less than I do..
- Great review of current beauty&spa trends by IDI Dermalogica trainer Annet King (Los Angeles)
- Practical showcasing of Janel Luu’s introduction into her Asian lymphatic drainage on 10 pressure points technique with dark jade stone
- Eminence Skincare intensive physio-based massage skills & showmanship
Large portfolio of all natural products (you can see the coarse structure of ingredients), traditional Hungarian line Eminence Organics, not for sensitive skin types in my view! The hard physio-based massage is what makes the difference! Their amusing shows (imagine balloons, Minion rucksacks, comedy) are very popular.
Interesting brand by Dr Pugliese. As their representative said, the latest ingredients used in the clinical Circadia (she switched from Murad), no need to injure the skin anymore.. Last but not least, the pillows to alleviate sleep lines…