We all desire to look young for our age. But what features are the most important and tell a stranger “how old we really look”? A popular area of research by Chanel, Estee Lauder, Olay…
- Also Unilever has recently carried out research into the facial appearance of female Danish twins (aged 59 to 81) and British women (aged 45 to 75).
- They found that the most important factors are wrinkles (due to sun-damage), gray hair and lip height and also the structure of subcutaneous tissue plays a role. Genetic and environmental factors are equally responsible for all but grey hair and lip height.
- The research confirms what we knew for some time now – that having larger lips, avoiding sun-exposure all year round and possessing genetic factors that protect against developing grey hair and skin wrinkles and sagging will make women look younger!
The 4 most important things to do:
- 1) A light tone of lip gloss and great upper lip definition,
- 2) advanced skincare (with SPF in our day moisturiser),
- 3) facial yoga and professional massage (to work on the subcutaneous tissue in our cheeks and jawline) and
- 4) well, a bit of hair colour – but also good eyebrow & eyelash shape and colour – will make a real difference!