Anti-Ageing Facial Massage Case Study
Facial massage is the ultimate anti-ageing treatment, particularly beneficial for delaying signs of facial ageing. Achieving visible results and making my clients look younger is the most important goal; I have chosen to work with Annabel, 56, to demonstrate the benefits of therapeutic facial massage. The photo clearly shows what difference a single session of facial massage can bring. The After photo looks healthier with plumped and more pronounced cheeks and lifted eyelids.
Annabel’s face is less drawn and more attractive. Her happy expression shows that she is relaxed and walks out looking and feeling younger.
• Annabel, 56, is a therapist and lives in a small village near Driffield. She has an outdoors lifestyle, likes walking her dogs, eats a balanced diet and takes dietary supplements appropriate for her age group.
• She has a dry/mature skin type that is prone to slightly premature ageing and her lines and wrinkles make her a little conscious at times.
• Annabel has a history of sun-tanning and was under a lot of stress last year. She likes the tanned look and uses self-tanning products.
• Going forward, I have designed a routine of restorative skincare with a focus on hydration and nurture to offset the impact of skin type, sun damage and self-tanning.
• There is an element of pampering and meditation that the chosen products will bring to Annabel’s life, especially the evening cleansing routine with a balm and flannel, and weekly masks.
• Investing in professional treatments with a scientific rationale is vital. As the jaw-line and lip areas are Annabel’s concern, she has a few facial yoga exercises to learn and will come regularly for a facial massage to see the cumulative benefits unfold.
Photos by Klaus Selke from Pixel Creations.